What's The Difference of HSV 1, HSV 2, Oral Herpes, Genital Herpes
The hsv 1 virus and the hsv 2 virus are two types of viruses that lead to the development of diseases like genital herpes and oral herpes. Herpes mostly appears on the mouth or the genitals.
Also, two categories of herpes developed as a result of these viruses are: Genital Herpes, Oral Herpes
HSV 1 Virus
It mostly infects the mouth that leads to cold sores developing in the mouth. It is transmitted through body contact with a person that is infected by the virus through:
- Kissing with an infected person.
- Sharing objects like spoons and toothbrush with an infected person.
HSV 1 Characteristics
- It attacks and reproduces itself while in the body especially the nervous system.
- The virus is located in the cells called trigeminal ganglia that are near the mouth for an easy attack on the target locations.
- The replication of hsv 1 virus can be as a result of some stress like physical and emotional stress as well. This reactivates the virus.
- In people who have a weak immune system, the hsv 1 virus reactivates more in the mouth as compared to the genital region.
HSV 2 Virus
It’s spread through sexual intercourse with a viral carrier or through mother to child during childbirth. The virus causes lesions to develop around the anus and the genitals.
Most of the people infected with this virus show no symptoms since it remains dormant. It infects cells called sacral ganglion on the lower part of the spine. It can spread easily to women from men hence its more common in women due to the difference in anatomy.
HSV 2 Characteristics
- This virus has the following properties:
- This virus replicates in sacral ganglion on the lower part of the spine since it's the area near the anus and the genital region. The virus is reactivated during conditions such as menstruation when having a fever, as well as if you happen to experience some trauma.
- The hsv 2 reactivates more in the genital region as compared to the mouth.
- It also reactivates more in people with a weak immune system such as cancer patients.
- It only infects human beings.
- It’s transmitted through sex with an infected person.
- It can lead to brain damage in some situations if lead untreated for long.
Genital Herpes Infection
It's one of the sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). It’s caused by hsv 2. Most people with genital herpes do not know they've it since it's mostly dormant in the body or different scenarios produce mild ones.
- Symptoms of Genital Herpes
- You will experience some headache and some backaches.
- You will also experience swollen lymph nodes, fever as well as fatigue.
- Another symptom is that there will be some cracks or red areas on your genitals that are painless and that do not itch.
- You will also encounter blisters around your genitals will break and are very painful.
Genital Herpes Treatment
Genital herpes has no cure. But through some prescription from your doctor, he has prescribed some antiviral drugs that will help lessen the pain or prevent someone from infecting others. Such drugs include Valtrex drug.
Oral Herpes Infection
It’s mostly brought about after being infected by a virus known as herpes simplex virus of type 1 whereby it causes painful sores on your tongue as well as in gums and on the roof of your mouth. It is also caused by hsv 2 in some scenarios as well. It is transmitted when someone touches saliva, skin or some mucous membranes from an infected person.
The virus enters your body through a mucous membrane or the skin and it then multiples. You will experience fever and sores at this stage. Also during the first stage to some people, the virus in inactive hence you cannot know you’re infected since it may not produce sores.
The virus then moves to dorsal root ganglion which is part of your spine and where it multiples and remains there in a dormant state.
The virus is reactivated when you experience some physical or emotional stresses that can lead to some sores developing.
Symptoms of Oral Herpes
- Itching and burning occur where the sores develop. Then blisters develop that ultimately become the sores.
- There is a lot of pain due to these sores in the mouth that extend to the check, and the neck.
- Lymph nodes at the neck become swollen due to these sores.
- You'll experience difficulty when drinking or eating due to these painful sores. This will lead to you having dry mouth, irritation as well as drowsiness.
- It also causes severe complications to people who have a weak immune system like those who have HIV/AIDS or cancer.
Oral Herpes Treatment
Your doctor will prescribe to you anesthetic drugs such as Lidocaine drugs which are used to relieve pain.
- Other people may be hospitalized such as:
- Those who have severe conditions whereby it has spread to other organs. This happens especially to people who have a weak immune system.
- Also, people to be hospitalized are those that are dehydrated.
Must Read: 5 important reasons why positive people perfer to use herpes dating sites